Friday, April 6, 2012

We took a right turn at Albuquerque.





 



After a late start we got out of Las Vegas and across the Colorado River. We stopped at a Scenic overlook on the Arizona side. Pretty scenery for sure. Then We continued on into Kingman and headed east on I-40 toward Flagstaff. We took I-40 Business, which is Old Route 66 through Flagstaff. Traffic was crazy but it was a fun drive.









After Flagstaff we visited a neat little town called Winslow, AZ. The Eagles had some great advice for what to do there so we followed it.




I too got to stand on a corner in Winslow, AZ but there was a lavatory emergency. I think the only public use restroom in that entire town is at the Flying J travel center. Road Trippers be warned. From Winslow we continued along I-40 East into New Mexico and we didn't stop until Albuquerque. Joey took some great pictures along the way though. I want to say though, I only used 12 gallons of fuel to go from Kingman, AZ to Albuquerque, NM. 476 miles. Not too shabby.
















So after arrival at our destination we downed some Papa John's and are relaxing. The hotel has a breakfast bar at 0600 with a waffle maker. Tomorrow is on to Dallas, TX. Stay cool folks.

-Mike and Joey.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go guys. I'm looking forward to your travels. One more day for me to enjoy them. Then gone for six nights. Stay safe.
    MDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joey and Mr. Soares,
    We are enjoying your pictures. We miss you! Have a nice trip.
    Your Class

    ReplyDelete