Monday, April 9, 2012

The Gulf Coast and inland to Atlanta (Norcross really, but Atlanta sounds more impressive)

This morning we left Baton Rouge and headed out toward the Gulf Coast. We followed the I-12 through Covington and Slidell and linked up with the I-10 shortly after the Mississippi line I saw a sign advertising beaches. I had to turn off. Joey and I found ourselves driving along US 90 towards someplace that ended up being Waveland. After driving through neighborhoods looking at houses built on piers we found a spot to park and wandered into the Gulf of Mexico.














We took US 90 until Gulfport then meandered towards the I-10 East. We turned onto I-65 at Mobile, we really wanted to go into Florida but it was after noon by the time we got to Mobile, we would have never made it to Atlanta at a reasonable time. We're already discussing another trip to the Gulf Coast next year.
Not a whole lot between Mobile and Montgomery for us on this trip.




Here are a few from Montgomery to Atlanta. We ran into some traffic after Montgomery we sat in traffic for about an hour. That was loads of fun! You know, nothing beats stop and go traffic. Thanks to our excursions earlier today we got into Hotlanta late enough to avoid most of the commuter traffic. We stayed on I-85 all the way through though. Much better than driving through Dallas. We finally don't have to worry about changing our watches and clocks until we start to head back.








Today was certainly a great drive. We will be visiting the Gulf Coast again. Anybody out there who has never been should go if they get the opportunity. I know that Joey and I will be travelling much more. -Mike and Joey, still travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment