Monday, May 14, 2012

Sorry for the lack of updates.

This has been a crazy few weeks. Since Joey and I returned from D.C. quite a few changes have occurred in our lives. First and foremost my Wife, Amber, suffered a horrible sprained foot and ankle as well as a few chipped bones in her foot. She is going to be fine and is currently in a walking cast/boot contraption. I turned 30 which was not nearly as dramatic as many made it out to be. Due to some restructuring at work all my overtime hours have been cut. This is why I live within my regular wages and save overtime for fun stuff. Last but certainly not least, Amber took the initiative and took a part time job on Saturdays and Sundays to keep up our income and to get out of the house. These last few weekends with 3 boys have been rewarding. I can really appreciate what Amber went/goes through as a Stay at home mom. Lots of work. I think it is good for the boys to have me watch them too. It's god for momma too. She can leave all the crazy boys at home for a few hours a week.

That last part brings me to a new point in the blog, since obviously the trip to D.C. is over for now, more stuff will be posted around Nevada not only with Joey and I but two new travellers, Jacob and Johnathan. My 3 and 1 year old, respectively. Joey is still going to do his post but it has been a bit hard with all the stuff going on. This weekend Joey, Jacob, Johnny and myself will be braving the Wild West town of Virginia City. Hopefully Joey doesn't read this post as that is still a surprise. There will be lots of pictures.

-Mike and Joey, still traveling

No comments:

Post a Comment