Monday, November 7, 2011

Some random thoughts about the trip...

I'm thinking this will be a great trip. As a little bit of background, I've been to three states in my short little life. I've seen a lot of California and Nevada and a little bit of Oregon by way of a town called Merrill. SO I haven't really traveled a bunch. Never seen these far-off exotic place likes Pennsylvania. Shoot at 29 I've never been on a plane in flight if you can believe that. So the idea of a cross country road trip is really appealing. In two weeks my son and I can see a large swath of the country. I've always heard about folks "from back east". Now I can meet them in their native environment. This seems to be too cool.

Joey has seen a lot of California and Nevada but I'd really like him to see the country before he gets to my age. He actually suggested the destination for this trip. Smart kid. He will also be acting as the camera man and will be helping plan this trip. The boy is wicked good at math, so we figure this will be a good opportunity to practice.

One big question lingers in my mind: What if I like it back there on that strange coast? I've been told all my life by people much older and smarter than me that "all people back east are crazy". Well only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment